TEACH Grant at ISU - Steps & Requirements
- Complete the FAFSA
- Be accepted into the College of Education at ISU
- GPA of 3.25, or score above 75th percentile on ACT/SAT
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Prorated for enrollment - 2013/2014 Max per year is up to $3,760
- If you do not complete your
"Service Obligation", all TEACH Grant funds will be converted
to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.
On TEACH Grant Home (left hand side of page) click "My TEACH Grant" and complete the following:
- Complete TEACH Grant Counseling each year you desire funding.
Submit both the TEACH Grant Counseling confirmation page (which contains your information),
and the TEACH Grant Application Form to the ISU Financial Aid Office to be awarded.
This informs us of your application in the program.
- Once awarded the TEACH Grant, you will receive an e-mail with instructions to "Accept" the TEACH Grant in BengalWeb under the "Finance" tab - (center column, second channel down).
- A few days later you will receive an email with instructions to complete your Agreement to Serve (ATS) on the TEACH Grant Home. Click "My TEACH Grant" on the left side of screen to locate. Within a few days the Financial Aid Office will receive electronic notification that you have completed this government form.
- TEACH Grant Program (Federal Student Aid)
- Teach Fact Sheet - Must meet service obligations to maintain "grant" status or becomes a "loan".
- Teacher Cancellation Low Income Directory - Click on "Search" for State Directory
- Exit Counseling ... www.studentloans.gov - Required Prior to:
- Dropping below 6 credits
- Leaving school
- Valuable TEACH Grant Exit Guide
Summer TEACH GRANT - If you have already completed the yearly TEACH GRANT Application and were awarded for fall or spring, but have not received the maximum yearly eligibility for TEACH, you can submit a Summer Supplement form. Indicate on the form that you would like additional TEACH GRANT for Summer and submit only after you are enrolled for at least 6 credits of summer classes. We will review your request and notify you of the decision. Eligibility Requirements remain the same as fall and spring.