Summer Session 2014
- Must complete FAFSA and submit to ISU
- Deadline for filing 2013/2014 FAFSA on the Web is June 30, 2014
- Must be Admitted to ISU
- Register in summer classes BEFORE Submitting Form!
- Submit Summer Supplement Form Available
PELL Grants, other grants and loan programs may be available on a very limited basis. Summer session financial aid is unique in awarding from fall and spring semesters. Summer Direct Loans are limited to a student's remaining eligibility from the 2013-2014 academic year. If a student used their full annual eligibility for PELL Grant and student loans in Fall 2013 and Spring 2014, then the student may not have any remaining eligibility for Summer 2014. The work study program is not available during summer session.
How to Apply
- Students must file the 2013/2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.gov) using 2012 Tax information. The deadline for filing 2013/2014 FAFSA on the Web applications is June 30, 2014.
- Students must be registered in their summer course work, before they can submit Supplement form to be considered for summer assistance. (See enrollment requirements below.)
- Print and return the Summer Session 2014 - Supplement Form to the ISU Financial Aid Office early for best consideration of limited programs.
Check your 2013/2014 summer Financial Aid status on the Finance tab in BengalWeb, (see Financial Aid Requirements, Satisfactory Academic Progress, and Accept My Financial Aid). Processing of summer aid begins after spring mid-term grades are posted.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy Requirements - Student with SAP issues may experience a delay in receiving funds. The previous term's grades must be checked once grade posting is completed by Registrar's Office. Any SAP issues must be resolved before federal aid can be released.
Enrollment requirements for summer remain the same as the fall and spring semesters:
Undergraduate and Applied Technology Students:
- Half-time enrollment is 6-8 credit hours
- 3/4 time enrollment is 9-11 credit hours
- Full-time enrollment is 12 or more credit hours
- Half-time enrollment is 5-6 graduate credit hours
- 3/4 time enrollment is 7-8 graduate credit hours
- Full-time enrollment is 9 or more graduate credit hours
Note: Any classes added after the "census date" will not count toward determining your PELL Grant and SEOG eligibility. The census date for summer session is the last day to add/drop in the early four week session or the date of disbursement for students who are awarded after that date.
When you have registered for summer semester classes and Financial Services has billed your BengalWeb account, you will see the amount due on the BengalWeb Finance tab (right hand column).
- You are awarded financial aid
- Award has been Accepted
- No outstanding SAP or hold issues
- Financial aid funds are transmitted to Financial Services You can expect to see Financial Aid Applied towards the university charges.
Financial Services will apply the funds toward your University charges and disburse any remaining funds to the student approximately five days prior to your classes earliest start date. Monday, May 19, 2014 is the first day of 2014 summer classes.
Question concerning :
- Your fees
- School account
- Change checks or electronic transfers Contact Financial Services at (208) 282-3000
Caution... A balance may be remaining which the student is responsible for. Check the BengalWeb
Finance tab in the right hand column. Click on the appropriate semester in "My Account"
to view balance and fees. See Instruction. For assistance call (208) 282-3000 - Financial Services.
Compare cost to your Financial Resources = Your out-of-pocket expenses.
If your Financial Aid is Not Ready - Need More Time to Pay?
- Online Payment Options With Financial Services - (208) 282-3000
- Fee Payment Info- By Mail or In Person
- Call (208) 282-3000 - Financial Services for Fee Payment assistance