Looking for Spring 2014 Financial Aid?
When you have registered for spring semester classes Financial Services bills your account shortly afterwards. Click on "Spring" to see the amount due for your fees in BengalWeb Finance tab (right hand column). Once you are awarded financial aid and have accepted your award, this is where you can expect to see financial aid applied towards the university charges. If your accepted aid for Fall 2013 you usually have already "accepted" aid for Spring 2014. You can view accepted aid on the BengalWeb Finance tab (center column) under "Accept Financial Aid Award".
Monday, January 13, 2014 is the first day of 2014 spring classes. Financial Aid funds will be transmitted to Financial Services 10 days prior to your first day of class. Financial Services will apply the funds toward your University charges and disburse any remaining funds to the student in January 2014.
This transfer date is accurate, if ALL of the statements below are true...
- You completed a 2013/2014 FAFSA before October 1, 2013 - (You can still apply after this date)
- You have no outstanding Financial Aid Requirements or holds such as Satisfactory Academic Progress.* (See BengalWeb Finance tab)
- You are enrolled in classes and can View your Fees in BengalWeb.
- Your first class begins the week of January 13, 2014.
- Your financial aid is visible on BengalWeb and you have Accepted Financial Aid Awards for Spring 2014.
- Has your Financial Aid been Applied
to your Fees?
- Caution: Check to see if your awarded aid is enough to cover all your semester fees? If not, you need to make plans or arrangements to pay the difference with Financial Services (282-3000) by the Friday before the first day of class to avoid being dropped from class or any late fees.
- As a first time Direct Loan and PLUS Loan borrower, you have completed the on-line Loan Entrance Counseling and Electronic Master Promissory Note by mid-December at StudentLoans.gov
- You are officially admitted to the university as a degree seeking student.
- You are registered for enough credits for the type of aid you will be receiving:
- At least half-time enrollment for Federal Direct Student Loans
- 12 or more credits to receive the full amount of Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Pell Grants are reduced when you are enrolled in fewer than 12 credits
- 12 or more credits for Perkins Loans
- Impact of Wait Listed Classes on Credits
If your Financial Aid is Not Ready - Need More Time to Pay?
- Online Payment Options
- Fee Payment Info- By Mail or In Person
- Call Financial Services for Fee Payment assistance at 282-2900
Satisfactory Academic Progress holds
*Note: Grades will be checked for students who have existing Satisfactory Academic Progress holds once grade posting is completed by the Registrar Office.