Get Tax Transcripts from the Internal Revenue Service
Federal Requirements no longer allow us to accept Tax Forms. Students/parents must provide IRS Tax Transcripts for verification along with the signed Verification Request Form for the appropriate year. The IRS must have this information before you can print the transcript. Three weeks after you submit your tax return to the IRS electronically you will generally have access to the Tax Return Transcript (8 wks if paper form submitted). A limited number of tax returns take longer for the IRS to process, such as when the return includes errors, is incomplete, needs further IRS review, or is impacted by identity theft. Questions related to processing of IRS tax return... Call 1-800-829-1040.
Note: IRS Transcript site is in high demand at this time of year. It is suggested that you attempt to use the service during "Off Peak" hours (after 10:00 pm).
Get Transcripts from Internal Revenue Service (On-line)
- Get Transcript Online - View and Print immediately
- Get Transcript by Mail
- Automated Phone Tool... 1-800-908-9946
- Contact your IRS Office to submit paper request form.
- Which "Type" of transcript?
- For most Federal Tax Transcript Requests
- Amended.. If you have Amended your Tax Returns
- Extension.. If you have filed for an Extension of your taxes
- Get the prior year's "Return" Transcript from IRS link
- Obtain a copy of the IRS extension form you submitted to the IRS
- Print and sign Verification Request Form for appropriate year
- Submit all forms to the ISU Financial Aid Office
Note: A current year tax return transcript will be required prior to the second disbursement of aid.
- Verification of W-2 (Income) Forms
How long after I file my federal tax form is the Data Retrieval Tool Available?
- Specific questions related to the processing of your IRS tax return should be directed to the IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
A limited number of tax returns take longer for the IRS to process, such as when the return includes errors,
is incomplete, needs further IRS review, or is impacted by identity theft.
- 3 weeks AFTER filing your federal tax return electronically
- 8 weeks AFTER filing a paper federal tax return