Financial Aid Loan Information
As a first time Federal Direct Loan borrower or a new student at ISU receiving Federal Direct Loans, you must complete two on-line forms to receive loans.
- Loan Entrance Counseling
- All Incoming Freshmen
This requirement applies only to first time loan borrowers at ISU. If you have previously borrowed a loan at ISU, you do not need to complete entrance counseling again. To ensure that you understand this responsibility and the obligation you are assuming when borrowing student loans, the federal government requires you to participate in Loan Entrance Counseling before your loan funds can be disbursed. During entrance counseling, you will receive facts about loans, managing your educational expenses, and your rights and responsibilities as a borrower.
In order to complete and sign your on-line MPN, you will need the following information:
- Approximately 30 minutes to complete
- Your PIN... If you do not have a Federal Student Aid PIN
- Your Permanent Address
- Mailing Address (if different from permanent address)
- Your Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Employer Name
- Employer Address
- School Name
- Reference information for two people you have known for at lease 3 years.
First reference should be a parent or legal guardian.
- Reference Names
- Reference Addresses
- Reference Telephone Number
- Reference Relationship to student
If you have any questions, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 208-282-2756.
- Plain Language Loan Disclosure Information
- Repayment of Student Aid Funds
- Federal Graduate PLUS Loans
- Federal Parent PLUS Loans