Looking for Fall 2015 Financial Aid?
When you have registered for fall semester classes and the Finance Office has posted fees to your account, you will see the amount due for your fees on the BengalWeb Finance tab (right hand column) in late July. Once you are awarded financial aid and have accepted your award, this is where you can expect to see financial aid applied towards the university charges.
- Monday, August 24, 2015 is the first day of classes for Fall 2015.
- Financial Aid funds will be transmitted to Financial Services 10 days prior to this date.
Financial Services will apply the funds to University charges and disburse any remaining funds to the student. The New Loan Disbursement requirements may create a delayed disbursement for some students. Review New Loan Disbursement Rules. Check with Financial Services at (208) 282-3000 for "Delayed Disbursement Payment Plan".
This date for funds to transfer is accurate, if ALL of the statements below are true...
- You completed a 2015/2016 FAFSA before June 1, 2015 - (You can still apply after this date.)
- You have no outstanding Financial Aid Requirements or holds such as Satisfactory Academic Progress*. (See BengalWeb Finance tab)
- You are enrolled in classes. For assistance contact Registrars Office - (208) 282-2661.
- You can View your Fees in BengalWeb. This will happen before fall semester. Contact Financial Services if you cannot see fees - (280) 282-3000.
- Generally the first class begins the week of August 25, 2015. For others with start dates that are later, aid is scheduled to disburse 10 days prior to first day of class.
- Your financial aid is visible on BengalWeb and you have Accepted Financial Aid Awards for 2015/2016.
- Has you Financial Aid been Applied
to your Fees?
- Caution: Your awarded aid may not cover all your semester fees? If not, you need make arrangements to pay the difference with Financial Services (282-3000) by the Friday before the first day of class to avoid any late fees.
- As a first time Direct Loan and PLUS Loan borrower, you have completed the on-line Loan Entrance Counseling and Electronic Master Promissory Note by August 11, 2015 at StudentLoans.gov. (You can still complete after this date.)
- You are officially admitted to the university as a degree seeking student.
- You are registered for enough credits for the type of aid you will be receiving:
- At least half-time enrollment for Federal Direct Student Loans
- 12 or more credits to receive the full amount of Federal Pell Grants
- Federal Pell Grants are reduced when you are enrolled in fewer than 12 credits
- 12 or more credits for Perkins Loans
- Impact of Wait Listed Classes on Credits
- The New Loan Disbursement requirements may create a delayed disbursement for some students.
Review New Loan Disbursement Rules. Check with Financial Services at (208) 282-3000 for
"Delayed Disbursement Payment Plan".
Note: If you have decided not to attend, be sure to drop all classes before the add/drop deadline as listed in the Academic Calendar. Students may add/drop from a course via BengalWeb prior to the deadlines listed in the Academic Calendar.
If your Financial Aid is Not Ready - Need More Time to Pay?
- Online Payment Options
- Fee Payment Info- By Mail or In Person
- Call Student Financial Services for Fee Payment assistance at 282-3000
*Grades will be checked for students who have existing Satisfactory Academic Progress holds, once grade posting is completed by the Registrar Office.