FAFSA.gov Completion Day at ISU
Financial Aid staff will be available to answer questions and assist students (and families) in filing their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.gov). Students are welcome to attend any of the events, regardless of where they plan to attend college. Returning students are also welcome to attend if they would like assistance with the filing process.
ISU does NOT have a priority deadline for financial aid. We do suggest you complete the FAFSA by March 1st. However if you plan to attend another university contact that institution to verify their priority deadline.
ISU FAFSA Completion Day - Not Set for 2016/2017 FAFSA Application
- Your Social Security card. It's important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
- Your parents' Social Security numbers if you are Dependent.
- Your driver's license (if any)
- Your Alien Registration Number if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married),
and for your parents if you are Dependent:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign tax return, or
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits for you, and for your parents if you are Dependent.
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are Dependent.
What documents do you need to fill out the FAFSA?
You may also need records of your parents' income information.
Will I need my parents' information? Dependent or Independent?
For 2016/2017 school year you will need financial information from 2015. If your are "Estimating" use your 2014 tax information and update at a later date.
You may need to refer to: