- January 1, 2015: 2015/2016 FAFSA
- Apply NOW for Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016
- Using 2014 Tax Information (IRS Data Retrieval Tool)
- February 2, 2015: IRS Data Retrieval Tool became available for FAFSA
- March 1, 2015: Suggested Priority FAFSA Filing Date for the upcoming school year 2015-2016.
- June 1, 2015 - If the 2015/2016 FAFSA, all required documents, and appeals have been received in the Financial Aid Office by June, you will have your financial aid processed before the 2015 Fall semester fee payment deadline.
- June 30, 2015: Last day for Financial Aid to receive the electronic 2014/2015 FAFSA data.
- Looking to attend Spring (January) 2016? Complete the 2015/2016 FAFSA.gov ASAP!
- January 1, 2016: 2016/2017 FAFSA - Available January 1, 2016
- If Attending Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017
- Using 2015 Tax information
Disbursement of Aid
Two Loan Disbursements Are Required for All Federal Loans and a 30-Day Delay on First Disbursements for First-time, First-year Borrowers
Federal regulations require that all Direct Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized and PLUS) must be disbursed in two disbursements based on your enrollment period. The first disbursement for first-time, first-year borrowers will be 30 days after the beginning of the first semester enrolled at least half-time. See Loan Disbursement Changes
Disbursements are processed by the Cashier's Office (208) 282-2900
- 2015/2016 Academic Year
- Fall - August 2015
- Spring - January 2016
Note: See Loan Disbursement Changes
- You must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Promissory Notes before Federal Direct Loans can be disbursed.
- Mid July - ISU Financial Aid Office will begin receiving Proof of Completion of Loan Entrance Counseling and Promissory Notes.
- Fall (August) Semester Appeal Deadline - Friday of mid terms
- Spring (January) Semester Appeals Deadline - Friday of mid terms
- Summer Semester Appeal Deadline - Midpoint of student's summer enrollment
- Completed Admission form and required documents:
- Form Available Annually After June 1st.
- You must have been awarded from the FAFSA before we can process the Special Circumstance.
- Complete the form and obtain documentation.
- AFTER you have originally been awarded call to SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT with an ISU Financial Aid Counselor.
- March 2, 2015: Application submission date begins for Summer Session 2015.
- "Summer Supplement" Form Summer Info page.
- 2014/2015 FAFSA must be on file with our office.
- Aid consideration is based on remaining 2014/2015 eligibility.
- Must be enrolled in Summer Classes!
- Awarding for summer aid begins after spring mid-term grades are posted.
- First day of Fall (Spring) work study eligible students can begin earning Work Study
- One week before the first day of class
- If award has been accepted in BengalWeb
- If student has completed sign up for payroll with the Human Resources Office
- Last day to work earning Work Study funds
- Fall - Last day of class unless students has not already exhausted the Work Study award.
- Spring - Last day of Spring Semester Classes
- Work Study is not funded during summer semester.