- January 1, 2015: 2015/2016 FAFSA
- Apply NOW for Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016
- Using 2014 Tax Information (IRS Data Retrieval Tool)
- February 2, 2015: IRS Data Retrieval Tool became available for FAFSA
- February 2015: FAFSA Day - Sat, Feb. 21, 2015,
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Pocatello Campus...
Rendezvous Complex, Room 213-215
1111 Martin Luther King Way
- Idaho Falls Campus...
Bennion SUB, Computer Room
1784 Science Center Drive
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Pocatello Campus...
- March 1, 2015: Suggested Priority FAFSA Filing Date for the upcoming school year 2014-2015.
- June 30, 2015: Last day for Financial Aid to receive the electronic 2014/2015 FAFSA data.
- Late July - If the FAFSA, all required documents, and appeals have been received in the Financial Aid Office by late July, you will have your financial aid processed before the Fall semester fee payment deadline.
- Looking to attend Spring 2015 (January)? Complete the 2014/2015 FAFSA.gov ASAP!
- January 1, 2016: 2016/2017 FAFSA - Not Available until January 1, 2016
- If Attending Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017
- Using 2015 Tax information
Disbursement of Aid
Two Loan Disbursements Are Required for All Federal Loans and a 30-Day Delay on First Disbursements for First-time, First-year Borrowers
Federal regulations require that all Direct Loans (subsidized, unsubsidized and PLUS) must be disbursed in two disbursements based on your enrollment period. The first disbursement for first-time, first-year borrowers will be 30 days after the beginning of the first semester enrolled at least half-time. See Loan Disbursement Changes
Disbursements are completed by the Cashier's Office (208) 282-2900
- Spring - January 2, 2015
- Summer - May 13, 2015 (or 5 days prior to a student's earliest summer start date)
- Fall - August 2015 For 2015/16 Academic Year
Note: See Loan Disbursement Changes
- You must complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Promissory Notes before Federal Direct Loans can be disbursed.
- Mid July - ISU Financial Aid Office will begin receiving Proof of Completion of Loan Entrance Counseling and Promissory Notes.
- Fall 2015 Semester Appeal Deadline - Friday of mid terms
- Spring 2015 Semester Appeals Deadline - Friday of mid terms - MARCH 6, 2015
- Summer Semester Appeal Deadline - Midpoint of student's summer enrollment
- Completed Admission form and required documents:
- Form Available Annually After June 1st.
- You must have been awarded from the FAFSA before we can process the Special Circumstance.
- Complete the form and obtain documentation.
- AFTER you have originally been awarded call to SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT with a Financial Aid Counselor .
- March 2, 2015: Application submission date begins for Summer Session 2015.
- "Summer Supplement" Form will be available March 2, 2015 on Summer Info page.
- 2014/2015 FAFSA must be on file with our office.
- Aid consideration is based on remaining 2014/2015 eligibility.
- Must be enrolled in Summer Classes!
- Processing for summer aid begins after spring mid-term grades are posted.
- First day of Fall (Spring) work study eligible students can begin earning Work Study
- One week before the first day of class
- If award has been accepted in BengalWeb
- If student has completed sign up for payroll with the Human Resources Office
- Last day to work
- Fall - Last day of class unless students has not already exhausted the Work Study award.
- Spring - Last day of Spring Semester Classes
- Work Study is not funded during summer semester.