Consider Consolidating School Loans
Direct Consolidation Loans - Borrower Services
at http://www.loanconsolidation.ed.gov Or Contact your loan servicer at 1-800- 557-7392.
You can determine your loan servicer at National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) at http://www.nslds.ed/gov .
You may have received loan consolidation promotions from a number of private lenders. Be careful about responding to telephone solicitations.
The Direct Loan Servicer is a safe option, as is your servicer.
- You can complete the application and sign the promissory note on-line using your PIN Number from the U.S. Department of Education.
- If you set up automatic electronic payments, you may be able to reduce the interest rate of your loan.
- Go directly to the Direct Loan Consolidation web site
- Or call 1-800-557-7392
- You can also contact your Servicer
- Use NSLDS to determine your servicer