Planning, Design, & Construction Main Line: 282-2784
Director of Planning, Design, & Construction: Cheryl Hanson, 282-2533
Project & Space Manager: Josh Scoffield, 282-2887 (Interim)
Sr. Architect: Denton Dance, 282-4710
Campus Engineer: Mark Hiatt, 282-2899
Drafter: Josh Scoffield, 282-2887
The Planning, Design, and Construction Department can assist you with building floor plans, cost estimates, code requirements, space modifications, remodels, additions, and even new buildings.
ISU Project Managers handle all the planning and design of remodels that take place at the University. Projects can range from large capital improvements to smaller in-house projects. The list of large capital projects is compiled with input from each College/Division on campus and goes through an approval process in order to keep in line with the Universities core themes and goals. With licensed architects and engineers on staff, and a very experienced drafter, the project management team is able to handle most everything that comes our way.
In progress projects and recent accomplishments:
- ISU Master Plan
- Various remodels in the PSUB
- Infrastructure upgrades
- Grounds improvements (signs, sidewalks, etc.)
Q: How do I get projects on the capital project list (DPW list)?
A: Every year the project list is reviewed by the administration. Projects can be added to the list by going through your respective chair or dean.
Q: If I would like to remodel some of my space how do I get started?
A: You can always call the PDC main line but you will start most projects with a PSR form.
- The PDC department handles 2-3 million dollars of capital projects every year over the three ISU campuses
- The PDC department has hardcopy blueprints ranging from the early 1900s to the most recent renovations of nearly every building on each ISU campus
The Project & Space Manager is the first point of contact in the Project & Space Request process. He/She is responsible for tracking and reporting of all University owned space. We maintain an active database of departmental space in order to provide quick and accurate information to the campus community. Using this information allows the University to plan for the future and accommodate the needs that will arise. The Project & Space Manager also works closely with the Architectural Drafter to maintain accurate building plans for emergency planning, project planning and various other uses. To begin the project process, the Project & Space Request (PSR) form can be found here.
Examples of information available in the space management database:
- ISU Research Lab space
- Departmental space occupied
- College/Division space occupied
- Total mechanical rooms on campus
- ISU Clinic space
- ISU total Gross Square Feet
- NSF reporting needs every two years
Q: If I submit a Work Request do I still need to submit a PSR form?
A: Yes, a PSR form should actually be submitted prior to the Work Request if you are changing the space use or modifying the space in any way.
Q: What if I just want an estimate; would a Work Request be sufficient?
A: No, a PSR form should be submitted because every project receives a feasibility study and an estimate is created prior to work commencing in any situation.
- ISU occupies nearly 4,000,000 gross square feet spanning three campuses throughout Idaho
- ISU has over 230 classrooms over three campuses
- ISU has 228 research labs on the Pocatello and Idaho Falls campuses