Holt Arena's mission is to provide a recreational outlet for students of Idaho State University as well as communities throughout Southeastern Idaho, enhance educational and cultural opportunities, provide an economic stimulus to the region and serve as a vital component in the growth of Pocatello.
In January 1968, the ISU student body voted on and approved the construction of then the Minidome by a majority vote of 57 percent not to exceed $2.8 million to be financed by student revenue bonds.
The Minidome opened in 1970.
For the 1972 - 73 school year, a total attendance of nearly 300,000 persons attended Minidome events. A total of 67 events took place that year.
Holt Arena has provided a recreational outlet for the community. On an annual basis, Holt Arena hosts on average 300,000 to 400,000 people annually. Since its opening, Holt Arena has played host to roughly 14 million people.
On an annual basis, Holt Arena averaged between 60 and 70 spectator events per year. Since its opening, Holt Arena has hosted roughly 2,500 events.
On average, Holt Arena events have had an estimated economic impact of 15 - 20 million annually. Since its opening, Holt Arena events have provided roughly 600 million dollars of economic impact to our community.
Holt Arena offers entertainment for all ages. From country and western concerts, to rock concerts, to family touring shows, to athletic events, to conferences, to trade shows, to motor sports, to rodeos, events will be offered for everyone to enjoy.
Title: Director of Events
Phone: (208) 282-3398
Erin Joy Fisk
Title: Director of Ticketing
Phone: (208) 282-4093
Title: Administrative Assistant
Phone: (208) 282-4931
Title: Box Office Manager
Phone: (208) 282-3330
Title: Building Superintendent
Phone: (208) 282-2992
Title: Concession Manager
Phone: (208) 282-4170
Use Policy & Rates
- Greater of $5,000 per day or 12% of gross ticket sales
- Damage Deposit of $1,000 is required and will be held for 24 hours after the last or only performance. Damage will be charged at replacement costs plus labor.
- Box Office Fee Greater of $2,500 or 3% of gross ticket sales
- Ticket Printing - 10 cents per ticket
- Credit Cards 3%
- Sales Tax 6%
- Facility Fee - $2.00
- Uniform Officer - $52.00 per hr.
- Security Officer - $15.00 per hr. plus benefits
- Stewards - $11.00 per hr. plus benefits
- T-shirt Security - $14.00 per hr. plus benefits
- Ticket Takers - $11.00 per hr. plus benefits
- Ticket Sellers - $11.00 per hr. plus benefits
- Custodial- $15.00 per hr. plus benefits
- Stage Manager - $24.00 per hr.
- Lighting Tech / Sound Engineer - $22.00 per hr.
- Stagehands - $15.00 per hr.
- Electrician $30.00 per hr.
- Spot Operators - $15.00 per hr.
- Telephone Line - $125 per line
- Fire Standby To be Determined
(Please Note: House Stage Manager must be in attendance during all times when public is in attendance; Insurance regulations require that Holt Arena equipment be operated by Holt Arena employees; A three-hour minimum call is required for all hourly employees)
- Lighting Fee Front of house lighting fee included in facility rental
- Spotlights - $100 per spot per performance
- Gels and Frames - $2.00 for 8 cut; $1.50 for 6 cut; frames 4 for $1.00
- Lighting Instruments - $4.00 per instrument
(Note: The Center doesnt maintain a stock of gels)
- General House Sound for Speaker Included in facility rental
- Stage Communication System - $50 per performance; includes headsets
- Stage Monitor Speakers - $20 per day
- General (dynamic) Microphones - $10 per unit
- Special (condenser) Microphones - $20 per unit
- Handheld Wireless Microphone - $30 per unit per day
- Tape/CD Machine - $10 per day
- Piano (9 ft. Steinway Concert Grand Model D) - $225 (Includes tuning)
- Risers/Platforms - $12 per section
- Gaffer's Tape - per roll- $17.00
- Podium with Sound - $75.00
- Music Stand with Light - $2.00 per
- Marley Dance Floor - $100 per plus labor for taping
- Skirted table with covered top - $10 per table
- Music stands, chairs, and stools are free of charge as available
- Linen - cleaning fee $4.00 per linen
The Holt Arena is a multi-purpose venue with a capacity of 11,736, capable of many configurations to customize an event. The Holt Arena is subject to the practices and procedures set forth by the State Board of Education and Idaho State University. The following information is provided to help determine your costs in renting the Holt Arena. Scheduling and contracting are handled at the direction of the Director of Events for Idaho State University. Please contact (208) 282-3398 for complete estimate of charges.
Scheduling the Holt Arena
Scheduling priority will be as follows:
- Idaho State University Intercollegiate Athletics
- Academic use by Idaho State University
- Non-academic University-related use
- Non-educational community related events
- Commercial events
(Note: No funerals will be permitted to be scheduled in the Jensen Concert Hall)
The Holt Arena will hold a potential performance date for 30 days. In order to finalize a hold date, a contract must be executed. A signed contract must be signed 30 days in advance of the performance or the date may be forfeited. When a facility hold is challenged, the party who placed the first hold will be given the right of first refusal and must secure the date with a deposit and signed contract within 48 hours.
The Holt Arena requires one-half the minimum rental fee as a deposit upon signing the rental contract. For free events, or if the Holt Arena is not providing ticketing services, the deposit may be the total rental fee. If you are a first time renter, you may also be required to pay estimated expenses in addition to rent at the time of the signing of the rental contract. In addition, first time renters must provide three references where they have promoted similar events in comparable types of facilities as the Holt Arena within the past calendar year. Failure to provide references or an unfavorable report by a reference or other business contact will be sufficient grounds to deny use of the Holt Arena, and no contract will be executed.
All renters of the Holt Arena shall be required to furnish a Certificate of Insurance in which the State Board of Education and Idaho State University are named as additional insured parties. The minimum amount of the Combined Single Liability will be $1,000,000. The Director of Events shall have the discretion to reduce the required coverage or waive the required coverage. The CSL certificate shall be furnished within a reasonable time after the execution of the agreement of the rental contract, but not later than 10 days prior to the date of the first scheduled date.
If the renter fails to hold each event or events as specified by the agreement at the time agreed, the renter shall pay to the Holt Arena within 10 days of the contracted date a sum equal to the actual out-of-pocket expense incurred by the Holt Arena and lost rental income contracted for the event. The Holt Arena may retain all or part of the deposit to apply toward those expenses.
Rental Fees and Direct Event Charges
- Community: Applies to any Holt Arena use by a for-profit institute, agency, commercial promoter, business, private business, not-for-profit organization or municipal entity.
- ISU: Applies to any Center use by Idaho State University.
All facility personnel are scheduled and paid by the Holt Arena, unless otherwise negotiated in advance. Please note that a three-hour minimum call is required for hourly employees. Staffing levels to be determined by the Director of Events.
The sale of merchandise, souvenirs, or goods of any kind is subject to the approval of the Director of Events. All renters must set up and adhere to any space requirements prior to the opening of the doors. The Holt Arena will charge 20 percent (20%) commission of the net sales (sales after state sales tax) if the renter supplies the sales personnel and change fund(s), or 25 percent (25%) commission of net sales (sales after state sales tax) if the Holt Arena supplies the sales personnel and the change fund(s). Any merchandise placed on sale must be inventoried by the Director of Events or his designee before sales begin. Arrangements for such sales must be made at least one week prior to the event. The Holt Arena retains the exclusive right to sell food and or drink items and its own merchandise at all events without renter participation.
Contact the Director of Events at (208) 2823398 for information.
Hospitality or Catering Services
Hospitality or catering services are exclusively proved by Chartwells Dining Service, located on the campus of Idaho State University. Contact Chartwells at (208) 2825831 for information. Beer and wine can be available if approved for receptions, banquets and social events at the Stephens Performing Arts Center. An Alcohol Permit Application (.pdf) must be completed and returned to Chartwells Dining Service a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to the event in order for alcohol sales to be considered at the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Contact Chartwells at (208) 2825831 for information.
Advertisement and Display of Signs
Renter will not be permitted to commence its advertising for its event until a fully executed contract has been executed. Renter shall not do nor permit to have done at the Holt Arena anything that would tend to injure, mar, or in any manner deface the premises. No nails, hooks, tacks, screws, or any other device may be driven or installed into or onto any part of the facility.
Renter shall not post nor exhibit any signs, advertisement, show bills, or posters of any description on any part of the premises at the Holt Arena except those that relate to the event in places designated by the Director of Events.
University Advancement will be permitted up to five days usage per year in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall rent-free. University Advancement will determine the users who in turn will be responsible for the direct facility expenses. Requests for these usage days are to be made to University Advancement.