Goals of the Major
- Undergraduate Philosophy students will be able to write clear, organized, and grammatically correct prose.
- Students will be able to read philosophical texts critically.
- Students will be able to formulate a clear and substantive position regarding a major philosophical problem.
- Students will be able to develop cogent arguments in support of that position, and to recognize and criticize the strongest arguments against it.
- Students will be aware of major philosophers' arguments relevant to that position.
- Students will be aware of the larger historical and intellectual context of the problem addressed.
- Students will be aware of the broader implications of the position embraced.