Professor of Philosophy; Chair, Human Subjects Committee
PhD in Philosophy (1990), Syracuse University
MPH (2008), Idaho State University
MA in Philosophy (1989), Syracuse University
BA in Religion (1983), University of Manitoba
Although my philosophical roots are in epistemology, over the last decade or so my interests have moved into medical ethics. Much of my work involves collaborating with people in other disciplines. For instance:
- (2013) C. Owens, R. Baergen, D. Puckett, "Online Sources of Herbal Product Information" American Journal of Medicine. Forthcoming.
- (2013) S. Lawyer, R. Baergen, B. Kuruvilla, "Ethical Conduct of Laboratory Experimental Research on Fear and Anxiety: Review and Recommendat ions." Ethical Human Psychology and Psychiatry vol. 15, no. 3. Forthcoming.
- (2013) R Baergen, W Woodhouse "Surrogates and Extra-Familial Interests," centerpiece of a special section in The Journal of Clinical Ethics. Forthcoming.
- Intro to Philosophy (Phil 101)
- Intro to Ethics (Phil 103)
- Medical Ethics (Phil 230)
- Theories of Knowledge (Phil 460)
- Ethics in Healthcare (Phil 600)
921 S 8th Ave, Stop 8056
Pocatello, ID 83209-8056
Office: LA 247
Office Phone: 282-3371