Creative Writing Minor
A Creative Writing minor can add exciting balance to a major in the physical or the social sciences. Or perhaps English majors in the Literary track might like to experience literature from the other side — writing it as opposed to critiquing it. Many important poets and novelists hold full-time jobs in fields other than academics or professional writing, and so an economics major can also be a great poet.
A minor in Creative Writing can be an important beginning to your future as a great poet or novelist; ready you to write film, book, or game reviews; or kick start a creative writing portfolio for application to MFA programs.
Requirements for the minor are:
- Required courses
- ENGL 2206 Creative Writing Workshop
- ENGL 3306 Intermediate Creative Writing Workshop
- ENGL g4406 Advanced Creative Writing Workshop
- ENGL 4494 Senior Seminar in Creative Writing
- One of the following
- ENGL 2267 Survey of British Literature I
- ENGL 2277 Survey of American Literature I
- ENGL 2268 Survey of British Literature II
- ENGL 2278 Survey of American Literature II
- One elective
- The minor is a total of 18 credits
Students who are interested in the minor are encouraged to meet with either of the directors to map out a course of study that meets their interests and goals.