eISU Proctoring Services
ISU provides proctoring services for students taking online exams. Proctoring requires communication between both instructor and student to determine an appropriate location, time, and proctor. Please make arrangements at least one week prior to the examination to avoid scheduling conflicts.
ISU Proctoring Locations
The ISU Testing Center in Pocatello has 20 computer stations available for online/web-based testing. Faculty and students can have exams proctored by contacting the ISU Testing Center: email@example.com or 208-282-4907.
Faculty can reserve an ISU computer lab for Moodle ISU exams using Safe Exam Browser (SEB). The SEB software changes any computer into a secure workstation by controlling access during an exam. Proctoring requires the faculty member to identify a proctor and reserve a classroom from the list below:
- Pocatello - Rendezvous 213 (208-282-4226 | Lara Morris)
- Pocatello - Rendezvous 215 (208-282-4226 | Lara Morris)
- Pocatello - Liberal Arts 270 (208-282-4226 | Lara Morris)
- Pocatello - Education 358 (208-282-4226 | Lara Morris)
- Pocatello - Turner 111A (208-282-4226 | Lara Morris)
- Idaho Falls - CHE 201 (208-282-7856 | Bill Hayes)
- Idaho Falls - CHE 202 (208-282-7856 | Bill Hayes)
- Meridian – 504 (208-373-1707 | Stefanie Shadduck)
- Meridian – 505 (208-373-1707 | Stefanie Shadduck)
- Twin Falls - Evergreen C90 (208-282-1205 | Kurtis Moser)
ISU Centers offer individual-proctoring services:
- ISU Meridian - 1311 E. Central Drive Meridian, ID 83642 (208-373-1707 | Stefanie Shadduck)
- ISU Idaho Falls - 1784 Science Center Dr. Idaho Falls, ID 83402 (208-282-7892 | Cindy Hronek-Brush)
- Televised & Web Class Testing Center (TWTC) Request Form
- ISU Twin Falls - 315 Falls Avenue, Twin Falls, ID 83303 (208-736-2101 | Maggi Seipel)
Online Proctoring Solutions
Online proctoring allows a student to take an exam from home or work. In most cases, students will be required to have a web camera and a microphone to connect live with a proctor. Students will need to share their computer screen and show a current photo ID. The online proctor will observe the student and their computer screen during the exam and report any discrepancies.
Currently, ISU programs and departments are responsible for selecting online proctoring services. Several programs have been making use of both ProctorU and Kryterion for online exams offered in Moodle ISU. Faculty members are encouraged to work with their department chair to determine the best purchase model. If you are considering an online proctoring service, contact the Instructional Technology Resource Center (ITRC) for additional information.
Other Idaho Higher Education Institutions
Other Idaho higher education institutions can be used for proctoring, but may require additional fees. Please allow extra time when scheduling exams with other Idaho institutions. The following Institutions offer proctoring services: