- GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale in required courses.
- Completion of required courses listed under pre-dietetics with no course grade lower than a C- in any of the following classes: CHEM 1101, 1102, 1103; BIOL 1101; BIOL 2221, 221L, 3301, 3302; ENG 1101, 1102; and NTD 1104, 2204, 2239. See General Bulletin for course requirements (pre-dietetics). Fulfillment of specific requirements does not ensure admission into the program.
- Completion of ISU general education requirements is strongly suggested prior to applying and must be completed before graduation.
Students may only apply to the professional component of the DPD in the spring semester once requirements are met. Applicants must complete the DPD application, write a letter of application, submit transcripts of non ISU colleges and universities attended, and include an application fee of $20. Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials have been received. The application deadline is February 15th.
Application should include the following:
- A completed DPD-application.doc.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities other than Idaho State University.
- A typed letter of application stating reasons for selected dietetics as a career and professional goals.
- A non-refundable application fee of $20.00 (make check payable to the Dietetic Programs).
- Put all materials together in one large envelope and send to the address below.
NOTE: Students accepted into the dietetics program must have started the hepatitis B series shots and TB screening, by the fall semester of the senior year. This can be done by the ISU Health Center, a private physician, or a clinic.
Accepted students must submit proof of updated and acceptable MMR Vaccines (Mumps, Measles, and Rubella) and Varicella (Chicken pox).
Applications should be sent to:
Laura McKnight, MPH, RD, LD
Director, Didactic Program in Dietetics, (DPD)
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave
Pocatello, ID 83209-8117
(208) 282-3937 fax
ACEND: Accreditation Council For Education and Nutrition and Dietetics with in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
800/877-1600, ext. 5400