- Transportation Services
(208) 282-4975 (fax)
ISU 15 Passenger Van Rules
- Roof racks will not be allowed
- Trailers will not be pulled by 15-passenger vans with more than nine passengers.
- Van will be allowed to carry 15 passengers on field trips of two hours or less drive time.
- Vans will carry no more than nine passengers on trips in excess of two hours drive time.
- Van drivers will not drive more than two continuous hours without a rest stop of 15 minutes or more.
- Vans will not be driven between the hours of 11 p.m. and 5 a.m. without prior approval of the Safety and Loss Control Office.
- Drivers of 15-passenger vans will:
- Have a current driver's license
- Have at least two years driving experience
- Have completed defensive driving within the past 24 months
- Have successfully completed a van driving test
- Insure that all passengers wear seat belts
- A qualified automotive service technician will inspect the vans at the time of dispatch to ensure that tire pressures and other operating equipment meet operating standards and are fully operational.