Student Health Insurance (SHIP)
STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE NEWS
Idaho State Board of Education policy requires all full time, fee-paying students and all international students taking one or more credit to have health insurance coverage. If you are not enrolled as a full time fee paying student you are not eligible for SHIP and no waiver is required.
IF YOU DROP DOWN TO PART TIME STATUS BEFORE THE FIRST 31 DAYS OF CLASSES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR SHIP. The first 31 days of classes for Fall, 2014 is September 24, 2014.
If you Want to Waive Your SHIP - Deadline for Fall, 2014 09/08/2014. Click Here. You will be directed to the secure site of ISU waiver administrator, Ascension Agency. You must wait 48 hours after you are registered for classes to waive the health insurance. Those students on late 8 weeks, please contact student health insurance office.You are responsible for waiving your health insurance every semester.
The Student Health Insurance effective date for Fall is 08/15/2014 to 01/01/2015
YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENROLLED IN STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE (SHIP) AND RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PREMIUM IF YOU ARE...
- A full-time fee paying domestic undergraduate student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours
- A full-time fee paying domestic graduate student enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours
- An international student enrolled in at least one (1) credit hour
- A full-time session fee paying Applied Tech student enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours per session
...UNLESS YOU SUBMIT A WAIVER APPLICATION BY THE DEADLINE EACH SEMESTER
- All students are eligible to waive.
- All students who waive must have other health insurance that meets the minimum waiver criteria
- All students who waive must have continuous health insurance in place for the entire school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have questions about the Student Health Insurance Plan? You can find answers www.renstudent.com/isu"
Click here for an overview of your Student Health Insurance Plan
Policy Period Coverage Dates For School Year 2014/2015
Coverage for all insured students becomes effective for Fall semester at 12:01 a.m., August 15, 2014 and will terminate at 12:01 a.m. January 1, 2015. Coverage for Spring semester will become effective at 12:01 a.m. on January 1, 2015 and will terminate at 12:01 a.m. August 15, 2015. Coverage for students and dependents becomes effective on that date or the date application and full premium are received by the Company (or its authorized representative) whichever is later.
For complete plan information,such as premium, temporary ID card, and the plan brochure, visit: www.renstudent.com/isu
Plan Administered by:
Ascenion Benefits and Insurance Solutions
12121 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 2001
Los Angeles, CA 90025
Contact InformationStudent Health Insurance
921 S. 8th, Stop 8375
Pocatello, ID 83209