Master of Science
The Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology is designed to prepare individuals to work in clinical, educational, or medical settings. Students begin clinical practicum in their first semester of graduate education along with didactic courses. Each student is able to pursue a wide range of clinical assignments, with community practica in the summer and second year of study, culminating in an 8 week full time externship in the final summer semester. Students work with clients across the lifespan, as well as across multiple disorder areas.
Applying to the Graduate Program in Speech Language Pathology:
- Download and print the Speech-Language Pathology Departmental Graduate Application. This download includes complete instructions for applying to our SLP Graduate Master's Program
- Apply to the graduate school at ISU
- Apply to the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS)
- CSDCAS Customer Service is available Monday thru Friday from 9am - 5pm EST, Phone # (617) 612-2030, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- CSDCAS Applicant portal link opens Wednesday, Sept. 17th, 2014.
- Complete the Departmental Application, found within the graduate application packet (step 1)
IMPORTANT! Prior to applying to an online program, please check to see if your state is served.
Minimum requirements for consideration:
- A BS/BA in Communication Sciences (or a BS/BA in another field + completion of pre-requisite coursework)
- A GPA of 3.0 or better on the last 60 credits of coursework
- At least one score in the 40th percentile or higher on the GRE.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Application must be complete by Feb. 1st of the year in which you wish to enter the graduate program.
Please see the information about our Pre-Professional Program if you do not have undergraduate coursework in a communication sciences program.