Frequently Asked Questions
What is a record?
What is a "non-record"?
How do I manage my department's records?
- University Policy on E-mail <link pending>
- University Policy on Web pages <link pending>
- University Policy on Acceptable Computer Use
What do I do if I run out of storage space for records?
- Can't transfer records until you've completed a records survey.
- Regardless of the form, the recorded information is the record. The storage medium only contains the information.
- Records are described and defined, so we can know which ones have been determined to have greater value due to regulations and policies.
- Idaho Law
- Federal Law
Last updated: November 1, 2006