¤ Papers & Presentations
- Ray, A. and P. M. Beardsley. 2008. Overcoming student misconceptions in photosynthesis: a model and inquiry-based approach using aquatic plants. Science Activities. 45:13-22.
- Briggs, B.; T. Mitton, T. Magnuson, and R.J. Smith. 2008. Teaching cellular respiration and alternate energy sources with a laboratory exercise developed by a scientist-teacher partnership. American Biology Teacher. available online soon!
- Bayrd, G. 2006. "Successful Teacher / Fellow partnerships in the NSF GK-12 program." Geological Society of America Meeting.
- Beck, J. and M. McCurdy 2006. "Fissures, Foramen, and Fossa: Skeletal anatomy Darwin style" National Association of Biology Teachers.
- Briggs, B. 2007. "Teaching Cellular Respiration and Alternative Energy Sources Through a GK-12 Partnership" National Association of Biology Teachers Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA.
- DelMonte, J. 2005. "Skeletons in the stream: A temporal study of in-stream leaf decomposition." North American Benthological Society Annual Meeting.
- Hartle, R.T., and P. Beardley. 2006. "Cultural Obstacles to Collaborations Between K-12 Educators and Scientific Researchers." National Science Teacher's Association Regional Meeting. Salt Lake City, UT.
- Hartle, R.T., N.J. Anderson, E.R. Naegle, and E.S. Gerten 2007. "Living in the Cracks: Exploring careers of interdisciplinary educational specialists in research science departments." Workshop presented at the Emerging Researchers' Conference on Teaching and Learning, Oregon State University, (November 2-4, 2007) Corvallis, OR
- Hopkins, J. And G.W. Minshall. 2007. "Impacts of flow disturbance on densities of the New Zealand mud snail, Portneuf River, Idaho." North American Benthological Society Meeting. Columbia, SC.
- Jones, J. 2007. "What's going down City Creek: Evaluating Pocatello's water quality using a small city stream. North American Benthological Society Meeting. Columbia, SC.
- Kihara, Ian D.; Gardner, Joseph S.; Barnett, Robert; Pak, Joshua J., June 2006. "Upper Rim Functionalization of Resorcinarenes." American Chemical Society's Northwest Regional Meeting. Boise, ID.
- Kingsbury, E. 2008. "Making science fun: geology rocks!" Geological Society of America Annual Meeting. Las Vegas, NV.
- Kratz, C. and D. Stinger. 2006. "Lego Robots in the Gifted and Talented Classroom." Idaho State Council for Exceptional Children Conference, Boise and Sun Valley, ID.
- Michalek, M. 2007, "Introducing Current Geo-skills and technology in the classroom: Map Reading, The Compass, GPS and GIS in an 8th Grade World Geography Classroom: The GK-12 Project and Idaho State University, Pocatello, Idaho", Geological Society of America. Denver, CO.
- Miller, KEG, Matocq, MD. 2007 "What makes a winter home? Hibernacula characteristics of Townsend's big-eared bat in southeast Idaho". North American Symposium on Bat Research.
- Moller, S. L., and E. R. Keeley. 2007."Trophic relationships in Panther Creek Watershed, Idaho" American Fisheries Society, San Fransisco, CA
- Naegle ER. 2007. Addressing student misconceptions regarding the interpretation of phylogenetic trees. National Association of Biology Teachers Annual Meeting. Atlanta, GA.
- Naegle ER. 2007. Workshop: Identifying student preconceptions concerning the interpretation of phylogenetic trees. Emerging Researchers' Conference on Teaching and Learning, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR.
- Pontius, K.E. and R.J. Smith. 2007. "Changes in reproductive strategy in response to elevation in a burying beetle." Animal Behavior Society Annual Meeting. Burlington, VT.
- Rude, E. 2006. "Forensics in the Classroom." National Science Teachers Meeting in Anaheim, CA.
- Smith, R. and H. Sanger, 2007. "Communicating GK-2 to the Media." National GK-12 Meeting, Washington DC.