Computer Services Access Security
This web page provides information regarding the department section of the security document sent regularly via Email to those individuals responsible for reviewing access security privileges for their department. This includes an explanation, example listing, definitions, and action recommendations.
The Department Information listed in the document you received via Email was collected to help identify the responsible department for the computer accounts in question, along with contact information for the department, and Email address for the distribution of security related communications.
Please read the When to Take Action section below to determine when concern/contact is warranted. The Department Group Name is found in this section of the document labeled as Dept Group Name. In the example below the group name is ENGLISH.
|Dept Group Name:||ENGLISH|
|Contact 1:||Smith, Jane|
|Contact 2:||Smith, John|
|Locations:||HP1 / CWIS / ADWin / TAS|
- Dept Group Name
- Group name associated with the department
- Short description of the department
- Box Nbr
- Box number for the department
- Contact 1
- The name and phone number of the primary contact person in the department for security related issues. This is normally the same individual receiving this security Email.
- Contact 2
- The name and phone number of the secondary contact person in the department for security related issues.
- Dept Email
- The Email address for this department for security related issues. This is normally the personal Email address for the person listed as Contact 1.
- The computer systems on which this group resides. At this time the following are potential systems:
- HP1 (HP3000 MPEiX Application/Database server),
- CWIS (HP9000 UNIX Web/File server),
- ADWin (Administrative Windows 2000 Server).
- TAS (shared file access on CWIS thru software called TAS).
- Docman (Electronic Document Storage and Retrieval for reports and images).
- RServer (Windows server utilized as a Real Server).
For more information go to: Help Desk Website.
- Home Page
- Only a subset of all departments will have this item. This item attempts to identify the URL for the
department's home web page and will normally only be listed if the Location includes CWIS.
The URL listed for the departmental home page is the standard web address.Please note: On occasion this link will not work if this group is not a departmental web site.
When to Take Action
If any one of the several situations listed below exist please contact the ISU Helpdesk to have them correct the access. Sending an Email to the ISU Helpdesk, noting changes, is the preferred method of contact. If the situation is considered critical please contact the ISU Helpdesk by phone at 282-HELP.
- If the Department Group on one or more systems found in Location is no longer required and should be removed.
- If the Box Number is not accurate for the department.
- If the person listed for Contact 1 has left the department or should not be the primary contact for the department.
- If the Phone listed for Contact 1 is not accurate.
- If the person listed for Contact 2 has left the department or should not be the secondary contact for the department.
- If the Phone listed for Contact 2 is not accurate.
- If the Dept Email address is not accurate.
Thank you very much for your assistance.