Idaho Falls Site an IdahoSTARS 5-STAR Center
The Idaho Falls ELC is located on the first floor of the Bennion Student Union Building. It is licensed for 42 children, ages 2-6 years old. The days and hours of operation, as well as the rates, are the same as for the Pocatello site except that the I.F.site offers half-days as well as full days. Half day care can be either AM (anytime between 7:30 am – 1:00 pm), or PM (anytime between 12:00 – 5:30).
We Care About Children
The Idaho Falls Early Learning Center (ELC) seeks to support students in their pursuit of higher education at ISU by providing quality child care and preschool for their children as well as for those of faculty, staff and alumni. We offer a child-centered program that promotes the well being of children between the ages of 2- 6 years old (kindergarten) by setting and maintaining high standards for employees and for environments that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children.
The programs and policies of the ELC have been designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children in our care
- To create a stimulating learning atmosphere with activities that enhance each child’s development
- To provide multi-cultural learning environments which reflect a respect for individual differences
- To create a positive and mutually supportive working relationship with the families of the children
- To encourage and promote a self-directed, cohesive staff who work well together and continually develop their skills and knowledge
Lead Providers and Co-Providers have backgrounds/training in early childhood and are enrolled in the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System. ELC employees are licensed by the City of Idaho Falls, which requires that they have a criminal background check, be currently certified in Pediatric First Aid/CPR and receive additional annual training.
As an extension of our family, we believe it is a privilege to share a part of your child’s life. We invite you to participate in the program at all levels. Parents are always a welcome addition in the classroom, on the playground, during field trips or as members of the Advisory Board.
1784 Science Center Drive
Campus Box 8150
Idaho Falls, ID 83402