Paper Based Testing
The following examinations are offered as paper-pencil tests at Graveley Hall South, 2nd Floor Testing Center, Room 251. To make appointments for these tests, call (208) 282-4907.
IDAHO HIGH SCHOOL EQUIVALENCY CERTIFICATE (HSE)
An HSE is not the same as a High School Diploma; it is the GED with an American Government course.
An American Government course may be submitted if you have:
- Previously taken an American Government course in high school and received credit for it.
- Taken an American Government course through the Adult Success Center at ISU, 282-2468.
- Passed an American Government exam with at least 70% at a GED test center.
To obtain an HSE Certificate Examinee must submit:
- HSE application with a notarized signature
- Photo copy of official GED transcript
- Verification of American Government course completion
- $10.00 application fee
Information regarding an Idaho HSE:
- HSE is not official until the application, proper documentation, and payment is received.
- An HSE obtained in Idaho is only recognized in the state of Idaho.
- A GED is recognized nationally regardless of the state in which it was received.
- Applications are available in our office or online HSE Certificate Application.
ACT - American College Testing
The ACT Residual Test will take place on the following dates:
- February 7
- March 14
- April 11
- May 9
- How to Register and what is the fee?
Pre-registration and payment of a $55 non-refundable fee is due at the time of registration. If registering by mail, please send it to the following address. Checks should be made out to ISU and include the name, phone #, last four of SS# and test date. Current Photo Identification is required on the day of test.
- What is the Residual ACT and when is it offered?
The Residual ACT is offered each semester for students who haven't taken the ACT on the national test dates. Residual ACT scores are not transferable to other educational institutions.
- What is the ACT?
The ACT assessment is a standardized exam used for admission purposes. The exam measures skills in English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science.
Idaho State University
ATTN: ACT RESIDUAL
Counseling and Testing Service
921 South 8th Street - Graveley Hall South #251
Pocatello, Idaho 83209