John B. Davis Gallery
In 1955 the Davis family moved to Pocatello, where John became the chairman of the Idaho State University Department of Art. He served in that position for fifteen years. John Davis taught drawing, painting, sculpture, art education, and anatomy at Idaho State University. Two of his large murals are still displayed on campus, one in the Student Union Building, and another in Reed Gymnasium.
The ISU Fine Arts Building was completed in 1965 and the major art gallery was named the John B. Davis Gallery after his death in 1970. The John B. Davis Gallery is located in the Fine Arts Building (No.11) on the lower level across from Goranson Hall. The Gallery Hours are 10:00am to 4:00pm, Monday through Friday. (The gallery is closed during the day of the opening reception.)
Schedule: Fall 2015
For more information on gallery activities, call Ryan Babcock at (208) 220-6895.
- September 2 - 18, 2015: A Clean Act: The Annual Graduate Exhibition
Opening Reception: Tuesday, September 1, 2015.
- September 30 - October 9, 2015: The Alumni Exhibition
Opening Reception: Tuesday, September 29, 2015.
- October 14 - 30, 2015: Through the Lens: An American Century
Opening Reception: Tuesday, October 13, 2015.
- November 9 - 20, 2015: Vigilance: Annual Veterans Art Exhibition
Reception: November 11, 2015.
- November 23 - 27, 2015: Gallery Closed for Fall Break.
- December 2 - 11, 2015: BA/BFA Senior Exhibition
Opening Reception: December 1, 2015.
Photos from the Omar Sarabia Art Reception:
Last Modified: 08/18/15 at 03:40:21 PM