Respiratory Therapists administer respiratory therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. More specifically, you will be assessing patients, determining the most appropriate methods of therapies, setting up and operating equipment, monitoring the patient's response to various treatment modalities, performing pulmonary function testing, and assisting patients with breathing maneuvers.
The Idaho State University Respiratory Therapy Associate Degree program in Pocatello, Idaho is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care.1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
CoARC Programmatic Outcomes Data
Certificates & Degrees
- Associate of Science Respiratory Therapy
For special application procedures contact CTech Student Services (208) 282-2622.
Associate degrees in health can articulate into the Bachelor of Science in Health Science.
Program Options & Length:
- Program begins in August
- Once prerequisite coursework has been completed, actual program length is 5 semesters.
- Up to 20 students are admitted each year.
- Program contains elements of on-line instruction, required face-to-face contact for clinical instruction and skills sign-off, and clinical experience rotations in a variety of work settings.
Program Application Documents
- Respiratory Program Application Deadline: February 15th, 2014
- Program Shadow
- Alternate Job Shadow Assignment
Cost of Attendance
Fees apply to the current Idaho State University fee schedule which includes mandatory student health insurance. Students with existing health insurance coverage may waive student health insurance. Waivers are available at http://www.isu.edu/stuhlth/insurance/.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.