IAGD - Application
For the 2009 entering IAGD class there were 31 applications submitted, 31 of which were completed, considered and most were interviewed. There were 8 Acceptances issued, all 8 students entered the IAGD program this July.
For each of the 31 completed applications an admission profile was developed. The profile is based upon academic and non-academic factors. The ratio of weighting is 85% academic and 15% non-academic.
Academic Factors include:
- Grade Point Average (cumulative, science and non-science)
- Credit Hours (class standing)
- Credit hour distribution (100/200/300/400/400+)
- Trends (up, down, erratic, even)
- Repeats (previous pass or fail)
- National Board scores (by percentile)
Non-Academic Factors include:
- Evidence of strong clinical aptitude
- Individual interpersonal skills and verbal and written communication skills
Academic (based on completed applications) Admission profiles >75% are automatically invited for interviews and <50% are automatically not interviewed. Those profiles in the 50-75% range are offered interviews in most circumstances. Phone or personal interviews are weighted similarly.
Breakdown of this year's applicant pool
|Dental School G.P.A.||Part I Board Average||Rank in Class|
|Creighton University, University of Southern California, Oregon Health Sciences University (2), University of Minnesota (3), University of Iowa
Alternates/Students Not Accepted (23)