- Complete an application for admission and pay fees online. Be sure to click on the College of Technology Application and select your program choice. * If you are applying for the Associate Degree Registered Nurse program, Geomatics Technology, the Respiratory Therapy program or a bachelor's degree offered through the College of Technology, go to the Undergraduate Application.
- High school graduation or GED is required. Submit an official copy of your high school transcript or GED scores (Not required if you have submitted proof of 14 or more academic credits from an accredited institution of higher education).
- Submit an official college transcript from each accredited institution of higher education that you have attended. Transfer students are required to have a 2.0 cumulative GPA or submit an admission petition.
- Either COMPASS or ACT scores.
- Complete the COMPASS placement test. This test enables us to place
you in the appropriate classes to enhance your success in college.
- Submit ACT scores, (valid for seven years from date of testing).
- Complete the COMPASS placement test. This test enables us to place you in the appropriate classes to enhance your success in college.
- Meet with one of the College of Technology advisors to finalize your acceptance. To make an appointment, call (208)282-2622.
- Apply for Financial Aid if needed. Questions — call (208)282-2756.
Note: Some programs have additional admission criteria. Contact Student Services at 208-282-2622 for assistance.
- Once you have completed the admission requirements for the program you are interested in, you will receive a letter of acceptance requesting that you send a $75 deposit to reserve your spot in the program.
- You will register in your 1st semester classes on Bengal Web.
- If you are interested in receiving an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree, you will need to pre-register for your general education courses.
- Student Services admission advisors/counselors can help you plan your course schedule. To make an appointment, call (208)282-2622.
- You can pay your fees on Bengal Web. More information will be available soon.
- You will also receive emails regarding the time and location
of your first day of school, a parking map of ISU, and other information. Be sure to check your ISU email.
COMPASS Test Requirements
- Contact the ISU College of Technology for an application for admission.
- Return the completed application with the $50 admission application fee to: ISU College of Technology, Student Services -- Students cannot take the COMPASS without a current application. They must pay the $50 application fee prior to taking the test.
- Students wishing to take the COMPASS should telephone to schedule a time. Contact the Student Services office (208)282-2622 Monday through Friday between 7:30a.m. and 5:00 p.m. (4:00 p.m. during the summer). Most students need approximately two hours to complete the various test sections. A PHOTO ID IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO TESTING.
- There is a $7.00 fee for each portion of the COMPASS test each time is is taken.
- The COMPASS is also administered at the outreach centers in American Falls, Blackfoot, Idaho Falls, Malad, Montpelier, Preston, Soda Springs, and Twin Falls. If you are located in a rural area or out-of-state, there are options available. Contact Student Services for specific information.
ISU College of Technology strongly encourages students to practice their skills prior to taking the COMPASS. Repeating the test is permitted.
The the Adult Success Center located on the third floor of the Roy F. Christensen Complex (ISU Bldg. 48) may be utilized for preparatory study free of charge. The hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday
For preparation and sample COMPASS questions press this link: COMPASS Test Sample Questions