Early Childhood Care & Education
Early childhood care and education providers are responsible for meeting the specific needs of a group of children by nurturing their physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development.
- They create environments that are healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging for all children.
- They develop respectful, reciprocal relationships with families and involve families in their children's learning.
- They use effective assessment strategies in a responsible way to positively influence children's development and learning by designing, implementing, and evaluating meaningful curriculum.
Early childhood care and education providers advocate for children and conduct themselves as members of the early childhood profession by upholding ethical and professional standards.
- Program begins in August
- Program admits 20 students each year
- Accredited through the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
Certificates & Degrees
- Early Childhood Care and Education Postsecondary Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Early Childhood Care and Education Technical Certificate (1 year)
- Early Childhood Care and Education Associate of Applied Science (2 years)
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Early Childhood Care and Education (4+ years)
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education (2+2 years)
- Child care centers
- Head Start and early start programs
- Government and educational services
- Amusement and recreation industries
- Self employment
- Civic and social organizations
Cost of Attendance
Fees apply to the current Idaho State University fee schedule which includes mandatory student health insurance. Students with existing health insurance coverage may waive student health insurance. Waivers are available at http://www.isu.edu/stuhlth/insurance/.
Paying for College
You may apply for financial aid, scholarships, grants, and loans to help finance your college education. When you pay registration fees, you are a student of Idaho State University with the privileges and responsibilities of a college student.
|Admissions Information:||Click Here|
|Certificate:||Technical Certificate - Early Childhood Care & Educ|
|Tuition and Fees:||$6,090.00*|
|Books and Supplies:||$279.00|
|Room and Board||$2,862.00**|
|Normal Program Length:||2 Sem.|
|Number Completed in Normal Time:||NR|
|Normal Completion Rate (from the time students enrolled at ISU):||29 %|
|Program Completion Rate (from the time students enrolled in program classes):||53 %|
|Jobs Related to These Programs|
|Occupations with each program area were identified using Department of Labor ONET Crosswalks.|
NR On-time completion rates are not reported for programs with fewer than 10 completers in order to protect student privacy.
* Based on 2012-13 full-time, Idaho resident tuition and fee schedule.
** Based on 2012-13 double occupancy rates and 100 meal plus flex money plan.
*** Based on completer placement data from the 2011-2012 fiscal year submitted January 15, 2012 to the Idaho State Division of Professional-Technical Education (ISDPTE). Positive placement is defined by the ISDPTE as completers enrolled in the military, employed in a related training, employed in a field unrelated to training, or pursing additional education.