WHO ARE MEMBERS?
- Members are intellectually curious, active, and adventuresome
- Members come from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences
- Members include homemakers, professionals, high school and college graduates, professors, native Idahoans and those new to the state
- Members have opportunities to interact with a diverse and stimulating group
- Members have opportunities to stay active and expand their horizons
- Members are retired or still active in the work force
WHAT IS NEW KNOWLEDGE ADVENTURES?
- NKA is an educational organization enjoyed by Idahoans 50 years of age and older who wish to stimulate their thinking and expand their knowledge
- Experienced group leaders
- Lectures given by: ISU faculty, NKA members, and community experts
- Field trips and excursions to fascinating locations
- No previous college experience is needed
- College credit, tests, and grades are NOT given for classes
- Courses and Activities: NKA courses and activities include but are NOT limited to: academic; technical; professional; social activities; travel; recreational; arts; self-improvement; physical activities (hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, birding, wild flower and tree walks, etc)
WHY YOU SHOULD BECOME A MEMBER!
- Membership is $40 a semester. Dates for classes follow the ISU calendar: September to December for the fall semester and January to May for the spring semester.
- Classes are generally held in the ISU Continuing Education Building, 1001 North 7th Avenue unless otherwise noted. Locations are listed in the catalogue.
- For classes on the ISU campus, general parking permits may be purchased from the Continuing Education Office for $5.00. ISU parking lots tend to be crowded, therefore many people park at the Holt Arena near the bus stops. Pocatello Regional Transit offers a free shuttle bus down to the campus with the Pond Student Union being the last stop.
- Socials: The fall luncheon is held in AUGUST and is a time for registration, hearing general announcements, greeting members, new friends and recognizing our instructors. A holiday dinner is held in DECEMBER. An annual business meeting luncheon is held in MAY that includes recaps of the year with bragging stories and displays from many of the class projects.