The mission of the Division of Continuing Education & Conference Services (DCE) is to provide quality, innovative, lifelong learning opportunities to a diverse student population by extending the educational resources of Idaho State University through professional and personal development courses, conferences, and learning programs for all ages.
To this end, the Division of Continuing Education 1) extends the learning resources of the University to provide non-credit programming for the adult learner for professional development, certification, or personal enrichment; 2) provides support services to faculty and staff who wish to hold continuing education or professional development programs or activities; 3) provides university-wide coordination, approval, and archiving of continuing education credit and non-credit activities; and 4) provides conference and event management services to University departments and external organizations.
Guiding Principles and Values
- We foster professional and personal development opportunities for individuals outside traditional educational programs by sharing the knowledge and expertise of the University and making its resources available to individuals of all ages.
- We value sharing and applying knowledge, creating and strengthening partnerships and collaborations, and expanding access to lifelong learning for our stakeholders.
- We base our programs and services upon assessments of student and societal needs and we respond to those needs in timely, relevant and effective ways.
- All continuing education and outreach activities within the Division advance the priorities and initiatives identified in the University Strategic Plan.
- Our Strategic Plan will guide our efforts and represents our commitment to enhancing the services of the Division in support of learning, discovery and engagement.