Each Fall and Spring semester, the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies accepts applications for scholarships. To be considered, students should meet the following criteria:
- A declared major in Organizational Communication, Rhetorical Studies,
or Secondary Education student with teaching major in Communication & Rhetorical Studies.
- Carry at least 12 credit hours.
- Have a minimum 2.00 GPA and be free from all probations.
- Have 58 or more earned credits (junior standing). Preference is given to seniors, then juniors.
- Have some financial need.
To apply, submit a typed letter that addresses the above criteria and reflects effective communication skills. List courses taken in the department, departmental GPA, and a planned program of departmental courses. Include your address, phone number, email, and student ID number. Please put the letters in Nancy J. Legge's mailbox in the Frazier Hall Workroom [Room 222].
NOTE: Deadlines for scholarship applications will be posted/announced toward the end of each semester.
Award recipients will be notified by mail. If you have any questions contact:
James DiSanza (282-3395)
John Gribas (282-2695)
Nancy Legge (282-3771)
Bruce Loebs (282-2838)
Sarah Partlow-Lefevre (282-5962)