Transferring from one college to another can be challenging. Idaho State University strives to provide a seamless transition as you pursue your educational goals.
A transfer student is one who has been enrolled and received grades at any college or university prior to being admitted to Idaho State University. Students who fit this definition but who are transferring less than 14 academic credits from other institutions to ISU are subject to the admission requirements for new freshmen.
How to Transfer
Transfer students must submit the following to the Office of Admissions:
- An application for admission. Access the online application. With 14 or more transferable credits, you will be granted regular admission if your transfer GPA is 2.0 or better.
- ACT/SAT scores before the first day of class (if you have less than 14 transferable credits). Students 21 or older are exempt from the ACT/SAT exam.
- A final, official high school transcript with graduation date posted must be sent directly from the high school Records Office or school district office to Idaho State University Admissions if you have earned fewer than 14 transferable credit hours.
- The application fee of $40.00 that is non-refundable.
- A final, official transcript from each college attended sent directly from the previous institutions Records Office to the Idaho State University Admissions Office.
Transfer Credit Evaluation
All credits earned or attempted and all grades received in college-level courses from accredited institutions are evaluated for possible transfer credit to Idaho State. The applicability of these credits to the student's program of study is determined by their major department. A specific transfer grade point average is calculated separately, and a cumulative GPA is figured combining credits and grades from all previous institutions attended with the same from Idaho State University. Transfer credits from non-U.S. colleges/universities are recorded with grades of satisfactory/unsatisfactory.
Contact the Admissions Office
Campus Box 8270
Pocatello, ID 83209-8270
Phone: (208) 282-2475
Fax: (208) 282-4511