Career Path Internship (CPI) Program
The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for the University to employ students on campus in positions concomitant with their academic and professional interests. This program enhances student success since students employed on campus and those that work closely with faculty are more likely to persist and excel academically. If you are interested in participating in the CPI program please follow the step-by-step process below.
For more information on the program, please review the CPI Overview.
If you are a department/faculty member seeking an intern
- A fair and equitable selection process will be identified and promulgated by the hiring department.
- You may request that the Career Center advertise the position on Bengal Jobs to assist you with the hiring process.
- Once an intern is selected the PARTS Form and the CPI Agreement form must be completed and submitted together to the Career Center in order to be processed.
- Once submitted, paperwork usually takes at least one week to be completely processed by Career Center, UBO, and HR.
If you are seeking initial or additional CPI funding
- If your department has not been initially alloted funds, please complete and submit the CPI Additional Funds Request to the Career Center by August 12. Review of requests will begin upon receipt and will be allotted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Late submissions are welcome and will be reviewed as funds become available.
- When submitting a request, keep in mind that the average CPI intern last year made $211 per pay period during school and around $360 during summer months. An intern that works at the beginning of the semester into June, will make approximately $5,300.
- If additional funding is being requested, the department/faculty member must complete and submit the CPI Additional Funds Request to the Career Center.
- The department/faculty member will receive notification that the Career Center has received their request and will be notified in October when the request has been reviewed by the Provost.
If you are a student seeking a CPI
- Contact a department or faculty member within your major/career field to arrange a possible
- If an opportunity is identified, complete the interviewing and hiring process through the faculty and departments.
For more information, please contact Jeff Christensen in the Career Center at 282-2380.