Career Path Internship (CPI) Program
The purpose of this program is to provide opportunities for students to be employed both on and off campus as interns in positions concomitant with their academic and professional interests. This program enhances student success by employing students in their educational/career field of choice, giving them hands-on experience enhancing job readiness skills. If you are interested in participating in the CPI program please follow the step-by-step process below.
If you are a department/faculty member seeking an intern
- A fair, equitable, and consistent selection process should be followed by the hiring department.
- You may request that the Career Center advertise the position on Bengal Jobs to assist you with the hiring process.
- Once an intern is selected, the Personnel Action Request for Temporary or Student Workers (PARTS Form) and the CPI Agreement form must be completed and submitted together to the Career Center in order to be processed. The employee must also fill out an I-9 form for employment verification in the Human Resources Office. CPI students may not begin working until all paperwork, including the I-9, has been approved and submitted to HR.
- Once submitted, paperwork usually takes at least one week to be completely processed by the Career Center and Human Resources.
- If your department has not been allocated funds, or if you are seeking additional funds, please complete and submit the CPI Additional Funds Request to your respective Dean or Vice President. Departmental requests for CPI allocations for academic departments should be routed through the respective dean to the Provost and for non-academic departments through the respective vice president to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
If you are a student seeking a CPI
- Contact a department or faculty member within your major/career field to discuss a possible internship experience.
- If an opportunity is identified, follow the interviewing and hiring process outlined by that department.
Click on the following links to access the required CPI Forms that must be sent to the Career Center (Stop 8108):
(I-9 Form must be completed in the HR Office prior to filling out these forms.)
CPI Policies and Guidelines to be read before submitting paperwork:
For more information, please contact Ambri Saighman, CPI Coordinator, in the Career Center at 282-5714.