Info About Executive Committee
The Executive Committee for the College of Arts & Letters serves an important advisory function to the Dean and Associate Deans on issues critical to the operation of the College, particularly the strategic development of the College. The CEC also considers faculty promotion and tenure, sabbatical reviews, and other issues as identified by the College leadership.
The CEC is comprised of six tenured faculty members (three from each division of the College) who are selected following a vote of faculty in their respective division. Faculty members are selected to serve on this committee for a term of two years (the terms are staggered in one-year increments) and may serve no more than four consecutive years. Only one faculty member from any department may serve at any one time. A member of the Chairs Council is appointed by the Dean to serve as an additional ex officio, non-voting member.
- Scott Anderson, School of Performing Arts (2012-14)
- Chris Loether, Anthropology (2011-13)
- Mark McBeth, Political Science, Chair (2010-14)
- Cathleen Tarp, Languages and Literatures (2010-13, second term)
- Jessica Winston, English (2012-14)
- Maria Wong, Psychology (2010-14)
Anthony Martin is the ex officio member from the Chairs Council.