Department Faculty & Staff
Angie Zielinski, Assistant Professor
- Office: Fine Arts Rm. 411
- Phone: (208) 282-3229
- Email: email@example.com
- Drawing I
- Drawing II
- Intermediate and Advanced Painting
- Graduate Painting
About Angie Zielinski
- 2006 M.F.A., 2-D Studies, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH
- 2003 B.F.A., Studio Art Millikin University, Decatur, IL
- 2002 study abroad Centro Studio Italiani, Urbania, Italy
- 2001 study abroad Slade School of Art, London, England
I am interested in the invisible inter-workings of systems and the polarities of specific fragile, yet stable, instances. Circuses, fireworks, patriotic parties and bomb zones can each be identified as common and current cultural events. While fireworks accompany a celebrated occasion, the presence of danger is constant. Such an explosion in the air resonates directly with explosions on the ground. The remains of these events are left to fade into the atmosphere, leaving only a memory of existence. I want to continue investigating events that include activities that can be interpreted as celebratory or violent, dependent on personal and cultural beliefs.
As I consider the obvious connections between seemingly disparate moments, I am unable to approach thought with complete remove. My experiences trickle in matter-of-factly, my hand often bypassing my mind in the process. This interjection of personal narrative allows me to highlight both the playfulness and the polarities of festive celebrations.
- Other Possible Titles, Grizzly Grizzly Gallery, Philadelphia, PA (juried show).
- ABSTRKT, Manifest Gallery, Cincinnati, OH (juried show).
- 6th National Juried Exhibition, Axis Gallery, Sacramento, CA (juried show).
- 22nd Annual Juried Show, Contemporary Arts Center, Las Vegas, LV (juried show).
- Rocky Mountain Juried Exhibition, Carbon County Arts Guild & Depot Gallery, Red Lodge, MT (juried show).
- And Now., Cannon Gallery of Art, Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR (solo show).
- Open Door 6, Rosalux Gallery, Minneapolis, MN (juried show).
- 100@100: 100 Works of Art by Alumni to Celebrate BGSU's Centennial, Dorothy Uber Bryan Gallery, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH (invitational show).
- 25th Annual International Exhibition, Meadows Gallery at the University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler, TX (juried show).
- First Prize, 2011 Chelsea International Fine Arts Competition, Agora Gallery, New York, NY
- Artist Lecture, Western Oregon University, Monmouth, OR
- Recipient of Purchase Award, 25th Annual International Exhibition.