Department Faculty & Staff
Lou Pirro, Adjunct Faculty
About Lou Pirro
- 1989: M.F.A., Painting / Drawing, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID.
- 1986: B.S., Graphic Design / Illustration, Southern Connecticut State University, New Haven, CT.
- 1984: A.S., Art / General Studies, Housatonic Community College, Bridgeport, CT.
This may be too confessional, but there are times when all the universe feels alive, and radiant, and connected, and it’s as if you’re looking out at the world and seeing nothing but innards. Then there are those other times… when you feel like an outsider right in the middle of it all. Or trapped in an eerily empty universe. Somehow my work is born from, and shaped by, the struggle of dealing with these two seemingly contradictory experiences. As well as the impulse to fill up space with something to make sense of it all.
- 2007 “Louis Pirro - Twilight Idioms”, Piccolo Gallery, Pocatello, ID.
“Passage & Procession: Artworks by Ryan Babcock and Louis Pirro”, Cordillera Gallery, Pocatello, ID.
“East Idaho Landscapes” (group show), New Dawn Gallery, Pocatello, ID.
- 2006 "Nocturne & Twilight - Small Pictures - Louis Pirro", Mind's Eye Gallery, Pocatello, ID.
- 2005 "Heart _Home", Art Exhibition & Habitat For Humanity fund raiser, ISU, Pocatello, ID.
Works On Display, Sage Brush Gallery, Salt Lake City, UT.