Evaluation of Transfer Credit at Idaho State University

Evaluation of Transfer Credit

Transfer courses are evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Credits earned at the baccalaureate level from a regionally accredited institution are transferable.

Vocational or technical coursework may be considered for transfer with limitations; these courses are subject to review by the student’s academic department chair and dean. For specific questions regarding technical transfer credit, please contact the Office of the Registrar at (208) 282-2661.

Note: Departments determine the transferability of specific transfer courses into major and/or program requirements. Course that are transferred to ISU do not count in the official ISU GPA.

Policy & Procedures

Students transferring to Idaho State University from a two year institution may use a maximum of 70 credits toward a bachelor degree at ISU.

Students transferring to ISU with an Associate of Science, Associate of Arts or Associate of Arts and Science degree earned after 1995 from a regionally accredited institution will be considered to have met ISU’s general education requirements.

Students transferring to ISU from a quarter credit institution will earn 2/3 of a semester credit for every credit earned on the quarter system.

Credits are transferred to Idaho State University at the level earned at the institution of origin. Transferred lower division (1000-2000 level) credit may NOT count as upper division (3000-4000) credit regardless of the appropriate course equivalencies.

Credits earned from a non-regionally accredited institution are generally not transferrable to ISU. If you have questions or concerns, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Please see Advanced Placement and CLEP exam for information regarding AP & CLEP transfer credit.

ALL transfer evaluations may take up to two weeks to process from the time they are received. To view your transfer evaluation log into your ISU BengalWeb account, click on your Academic Tools tab and then select Academic Transcript from the Student Records channel.

Official Transcript Processing

New transfer students must apply for undergraduate admission and send official transcript(s) to:

Current students should send official transcript(s) to:


921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209