Resident Credit Requirements
- Students earn “Resident Credit” for graduation for credit-bearing ISU courses.
- For the Associate Degree, at least 16 credits in the major area of study must be resident credits, or 16 of the last 24 credits applied to the degree must be resident credits, as defined above.
- Of the last 50 credits applied to a bachelor’s degree, 32 must be Resident Credits, as defined above and approved by the department.
- At least 16 upper division credits required for the major must be Resident Credits, as defined above and approved by the department.
- At least 6 credits required for the minor must be Resident Credits, as defined above and approved by the department.
- Additional resident credit is granted as specified in the "Alternative Credit Opportunities" section of the catalog.
Certain pre-professional curricula allow completion of the fourth year in a professional school. In these cases, the last 32 credits of work taken before transfer to the professional school must be Resident Credits, as defined above.
Resident credit for graduate programs is addressed in the Gradaute Catalog.
Please note: Resident Credit is not synonymous with Idaho State residency definitions for tuition purposes. For further information, please see your academic advisor, program chair, or a Graduation Specialist in the Office of the Registrar.
For General Information or Questions, Please Contact:
- ISU Graduation Specialists
- (208) 282-4874
- (208) 282-4225