In determining residency for fee assessment purposes, Idaho State University is governed by:
- State of Idaho Statute: http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title33/T33CH37SECT33-3717B.htm.
- Idaho State Board of Education Rules: https://boardofed.idaho.gov/public_col_univ/Residency/residency.asp.
Initial Determination of Residency Status
A student’s residency status is determined during the admissions process based upon the information provided on ISU’s admission application.
Changing Residency Status
- Complete the Idaho Residency Determination Worksheet (IRDW).
- Attach documenation to the IRDW in support of residency.
- Have student's signature notarized. (Nortary services are available in the Office of the Registrar, ISU satellite locations, and most local banks/credit unions.)
- Deliver the IRDW and supporting documentation to the Office of the Registrar via email, postal mail or in person.
- Office of the Registrar, Residency Specialist
- 921 S. 8th Ave
- Mail Stop 8196
- Pocatello, ID 83209-8196
- Phone: (208) 282-2661
- Fax: (208) 282-4231
To change your residency status for a semester, your IRDW must be received before the Add/Drop date for the semester. (Please see the Academic Calendar for dates.)
For additional residency information, please review the Residency FAQ or contact the Office of the Registrar at 208 282-2661 or