Limitations for Non-Degree Seeking Students:
Students who wish to register for one or more courses but do not intend to seek a degree from ISU may apply as a non-degree seeking student.
- May enroll for a maximum of 7 credits per semester
- May take only 32 ISU credits before formal application for admittance is required
- Ineligible to receive federal financial aid
- Must have a baccalaureate degree to be eligible to enroll in a graduate course as a non-degree seeking student
- To apply for Non-Degree admission, complete the Non-Degree Seeking Online Application for the appropriate level, Undergraduate or Graduate.
Requirements to change status to Degree Seeking:
- Must submit an ISU Undergraduate or Graduate application for admission. To apply online, go to apply.isu.edu
- Submit the $40 application fee
- Send the ISU Office of Admissions all the required documentation:
- Official high school transcripts or official GED scores
- Official ACT or SAT scores if under 21 years of age
- Official transcripts from other schools, colleges, or universities attended after high school