For undergraduate students, graduation applications must be submitted no later than Friday of midterm week of the semester in which you plan to graduate. For those wishing to graduate in August, applications must be submitted by the last day of the Spring semester.
It is recommended you submitted your application for graduation at least one semester before your anticipated graduation date. Applying early ensures you will receive timely communications and information regarding graduation and Commencement.
In order to ensure your name and degree information will appear in the Commencement program and on your reader card for the Commencement ceremony, May and August graduates must apply by the Friday of midterm week of Spring semester.
- Transfer Work:
- All pending transfer work and correspondence work must be reported to a Graduation Specialist in the Office of the Registrar at the time of application for graduation.
- You must complete all coursework by the last day of the semester you wish to graduate.
- Official transcripts with transfer work (including correspondence courses) must be received no later than four weeks after the date of graduation.
- Incomplete Grades:
- All incomplete (I) grades received in ISU courses must be cleared prior to posting of degrees for Undergraduate students.
- Change of Grade forms must be received in the Office of the Registrar no later than two weeks after the date of graduation.
- If you earn an incomplete grade in a course taken the semester you wish to graduate, please inform a Graduation Specialist so your graduation date can be moved to the a future semester.
How To Apply
- Online at BengalWeb.
- Click on the Academic Tools tab, then click the Apply to Graduate link under the Graduation Planning channel.
- The online graduation application for each semester will be available via BengalWeb until Friday of mid-term week each semester and until the last day of Spring semester for August graduation.
- All candidates for graduation are required to pay a non–refundable $20.00 graduation fee per degree and application.
- Failure to pay the graduation fee may prevent the release of any transcripts you may order.
- In person: Contact the Graduate School located in the Museum Building, Room 401, (208) 282-2229.
- Online at http://www.isu.edu/graduate/gradapp.shtml.
College of Technology Students
- In person: Student Services Office located in the College of Technology (Roy F. Christensen building), Room 184, (208) 282-2622.
- Online at BengalWeb.
For General Information or Questions, Please Contact:
- ISU Graduation Specialists
- (208) 282-4874
- (208) 282-4225