Idaho State University has served the citizens of the state since 1901 when the institution was first established as the Academy of Idaho. Renamed the Idaho Technical Institute in 1915 and reorganized as the Southern Branch of the University of Idaho in 1927, it was established as Idaho State College in 1947. By action of the 37th Idaho Legislature, the institution became Idaho State University on July 1, 1963. Bachelor's' and masters' degrees in a variety of fields are awarded by the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Health Professions, and the Graduate School. Terminal degrees offered at ISU include Master of Fine Arts, Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Arts, and Doctor of Education. Certificate programs of varying lengths and an Associate of Technology degree are included in the curricula of the School of Applied Technology.
Revised: April 24, 1996