A student may petition the Dean of Graduate Studies and Research for exceptions to the rules and procedures stated in the Graduate Catalog or for consideration of problems not covered by the stated procedures. Petition forms for graduate students are available only from the Office of Graduate Studies and Research; undergraduate petitions forms will not be accepted.
A student would use the petition form to petition for:
Petition forms should not be used for:
- withdrawal from courses after the deadline for withdrawal as stated in the University Calendar.
- use of credits more than eight years old to count towards a master's degree.
- transfer of credits from unclassified to classified status.
- transfer of more than 30% of credits required for a degree from unclassified to classified status.
- transfer of more than nine credits from another institution to a master's degree program at Idaho State University.
- an extension of the maximum time (eight years) allowed for completion of a master's degree or educational specialist certificate.
- an extension of the maximum time (five years) allowed for completion of a doctoral degree after comprehensive examinations have been passed.
- correction of errors or inaccuracies on the student's official transcript.
- any other deviation from Graduate School policy listed in this catalog.
- appeals of a grade or of dismissal from a program. Se the section on Appeals in this Catalog.
- substitutions of courses within degree requirements or waivers of degree requirements. Exceptions to degree requirements are requested as a part of the approval process for the Program of Study form.